The Council on Aging of Etowah County
The Council on Aging is a nonprofit organization serving the aging population of Etowah County. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for seniors age 55 and older and disabled persons age 50 and older. We strive to ensure all seniors in Etowah County have the education and information to be safe and healthy in mind, body, and soul.
100% of donations go toward funding our programs. We appreciate your support.
For in-person Medicare enrollment counseling, print and fill out the Client Intake Form. Please bring completed form to your appointment.
Board of Directors
Katie Darden President
Pat Hill Vice President
Morgan Cunningham Treasurer
Wendy Miller Secretary
Michelle Hasse Sumners
Jenifer Grace Executive Director
Melanie Yancey Outreach Coordinator
Mary Malone Office Assistant
What We Do
Our Programs and services include:
* Medicare Enrollment Counseling with Alabama State Health Insurance Program certified counselors.
* Be Active/Scale Back Alabama Campaign to help seniors stay fit and active.
* Senior Outreach Program to provide educational and mentally stimulating activities to seniors in their communities.
* Fraud Fighters program to educate and inform seniors about how to detect and prevent potential fraud and scams.
* Dental Assistance Program available for seniors without dental insurance to help provide dentures.
* Senior Transportation services for out-of-county doctor appointments.
* EGMAP (Etowah County Guardian Monitoring and Assistance Program) trains and monitors court appointed guardians of elderly incapacitated persons to ensure that a proper level of care is being
received and guardians are accountable.